What you should know when considering adoption
YOU MUST SUBMIT AN APPLICATION AND BE APPROVED PRIOR TO SPEAKING WITH GABR
ABOUT A PARTICULAR BASSET THAT APPEARS ON THE WEBSITE.
Guardian Angel Basset Rescue
Guardian Angel Basset Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving Illinois, Indiana and the St. Louis, Mo. area
Please read this information before filling out the adoption application.
All dogs are neutered/spayed, current on vaccinations, tested for Heartworm and on Heartworm preventative before adoption. The adopter is expected to update the
dog's vaccinations every year and keep them on monthly heartworm preventative year round. At the time of adoption, you will sign a contract agreeing to return the dog
to GABR if the adoption doesn't work out. No matter how long you've had the dog, we will take him/her back into rescue. You will also agree to notify GABR of change
of address so that we can keep our records updated. The adopter will NOT permit the Basset to roam off leash while outside. A Basset is an INSIDE dog and not meant
to be outside for long periods of time without proper supervision.
Our ultimate goal is to work with our adopters in order to place our rescues in the best home possible. It’s all about the dogs.
Terms of Adoption
1. Applicants are required to be 18 y/o + and have their own veterinarian reference.
2. Applicants must have a secure fenced yard.
3. If other dogs are present in the home they must be altered, current on vaccinations and be on
4. We adopt only to people who live in our area of IL, IN and Eastern MO.
5. Children in the home must be 6 y/o and older.
6. Applications are active for 90 days only.
1. Is there an adoption fee? YES
Puppies 6 m/o and under: $350 (plus $100 deposit which is returned after proof of spay/neuter).
Puppies over 6 m/o to 7 y/o: $275
Adults 8 y/o and over: $175
2. How do we pay the fee?
You can pay with cash, by check or credit card at the time of adoption.
3. Does an invisible fence count? NO
An invisible fence is not secure. A basset is likely to go through to chase a rabbit or squirrel and then can’t back in. It does not prevent
other animals from coming into the yard.
4. How soon will we hear back about our application?
You will first get a confirmation that your application was received. Then you will hear from your Adoption Coordinator one to two
days later to discuss your application.