1996-2012  Copyright Guardian Angel Basset Rescue        See Copyright & Trademark Notice.    Privacy Policy

My Buster Hound went to the bridge three days ago due to complications from Cushing’s
disease.  He came from a questionable background and KNEW what it meant to be rescued.  He
loved me and pretty much me only.  He would sit and look at me with eyes that said I love you.  He
would snort a bit when I kissed his nose, bay like a hound should, and was my friend for 9 years.  
The house is very quite now but I know he is off following a scent, healthy again.  I thank GABR for
bringing him into my life and for the support you have given me during this process.  

Buster – I will always remember and love you.  You will always be my Buster Hound.

Rest well my friend.

Deb Kelly
I said goodbye to my basset hound Tracker this morning. I adopted him from
Guardian Angel Basset Rescue at the age of 4 and I had 7 great years with him
where he had a mass in his belly pushing up against his stomach (which is why he
that came on suddenly and though surgery was possible, his blood count and
He was a good dog. I will miss him, especially when I eat toast by myself – it was his

Linda Joscht
Our smart and beautiful girl, Bailey, went to a special place called the Rainbow Bridge on
August 14, 2012 at the age of 11.  We shared 10 1/2 wonderful years with our girl.  Her
Bailey didn't want to do something, she let us know. That stubborn streak ran strong but
then she would look at us with those soulful eyes and give us a kiss and our hearts
would just melt away.  Our hearts ache now but we are comforted in knowing that we
shared so many special moments together.  We will see you again, Sweetpea, at the
Rainbow Bridge.

All Our Love,  

Daddy, Momma & Bosley
Her story started as a dog that no one wanted.  She was with a lady who had polio and couldn't take care
dogs but they jumped on and over her and he was afraid that her back would get injured.  He tried to give
her away to a few different people but she kept coming back. He finally said that he would have to give
She wasn't the best trained basset, which I take responsibility for. She did maintain some alpha in her but
we wanted her to live the life she wanted, not what we wanted for her. But, she learned things in a couple
of tries.  The trick was getting her to want to do them. Luckily, she love to run and agility was her outlet.

She competed in agility for 6 years, until she got bored and was done.  
She finished with 6 titles, over 40 ribbons, and made it halfway through
the Elite level.  Running was her thing.  She got her nickname,
Thunder Basset, from running across an aluminum 3' high dog walk so
fast and with her weight of almost 50 lbs made it vibrate and sound like

She had charisma.  Other dogs came out to be with her.  The early basset bashes, she either played
King of the Hill with other bassets, or led a pack running around the whole yard.  She also rescued dogs
32 times that ran away from their house.  She would bark at them and they'd come running out where I
could grab their collar and return them to their owner.  She was a real character.

She had her walks 2-3 times per day for a few miles each day.  That was her routine and that's how she
got to know all the dogs and people in the neighborhood.  

We will miss that sly counter surfer. She was strong, smart, stubborn, and special. She fought cancer and
beat in when she was 11.5 years old.  But she was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and lasted a
few months past her 15th birthday.  We will always love her.

-Chris and Fran Rouches
get easier and we will forever have a heavy heart when it comes to our sweet Molly.

In December 2009, an innocent fiance (Scott) was sweet talked into adopting a second Basset Saint Bernard, because his soon to be
wife (Michelle) already had one (Fred) and had to have a sibling if ever given the chance.  We thought we were doing good by Fred by
adopting someone who finally looked like him.  Little did we know we were getting an angel.  We went to pick up Molly from Cara and
from the moment we put her in the car, it was love.  Molly had a rough life and that was obvious to us, but those big brown eyes just
screamed, love me.  And love her we did and love her we still do.

Molly gave more to our family than she will ever know.  Scott and I moved into an apartment and could not have dogs, so my graious
parents agreed to keep Fred and Molly for us.  Molly adjusted well at my parents and she learned to have a voice, use her big brown
eyes to get her way, and push my parents out of the way to get a good spot on the couch next to grandma.  In June 2010 grandma had to
have her knee replaced and had extremely rare complications that forced her to reitire from nursing and had to have a long
rehabilitation.  When grandma came home Molly became grandma's bff.  Molly was glued to her and had to approve before any nurse or
rehab person touched her.  Even after grandma was better she stayed glued to her, where grandma went Molly went.  Scott and I visited
quite often and would take Fred and Molly for walks, to the park, the vet, and her favorite place Dairy Queen.  The first thing Molly did
when she got home was find grandma.

Molly had a seizure early December 2011.  We took her to the vet and all her blood work was normal so they put her on Epilepsy
medicine.  She was great for about a month and then the seizures started happening more often, then one day the sparkle was gone
from her eyes after a seizure and a couple of days later knew our Molly was gone and was not coming back.  The vet said she probably
had a brain tumor or brain damage from some sort of trauma earlier in life.  Our hearts broke at that moment, but Scott and I had to
make the hardest decision of our lives.  We had to stop being selfish for the first time in our lives and stop Molly's suffering.  Molly
crossed the rainbow bridge and went home on February 6, 2012.  That day brought meaning to the saying "everytime a bell rings an
angel gets their wings".

The best part of Molly is how she loved.  It took awhile for her to warm up to us, becasue of her previous life, but we were willing to wait
and she made the wait well worth it.  She wasn't big on strangers or kids, but she was big on family (I would give anything to see you
and Fred trotting side by side down the street again and twisting your leashes up driving your dad crazy).  Everytime she saw you she
came to you to get her hug and kiss (she was very stingy with her kisses tho).  Her big brown eyes sparkled like we have never seen
before. Molly wore her bright pink collar (her mom's favorite color) like nobody else could.  I always told her she was my princess and
she made her collar look good. We miss Molly, but we know her beautiful brown eyes are sparkling again and she is playing with her
pretty pink collar on.

Live life carefree princess, eat as much Dairy Queen vanilla ice cream you want and play all day.  We will never forget you and we will
forever love you our sweet Molly Mae "with her pretty pink collar on".  Thank you for touching our lives sweet girl.  Thank you Guardian
Angel for blessing us with Molly Mae "with her pretty pink collar on" Kaiser.   

Love forever,

Mom, Dad, and Fred
Grandma, Grandpa, and Mayme Lou
sunshine when I needed to smile.

Audrey knew when to lie quietly near me or be her determined self and bark for what she wanted(knowing that
I couldn't say say no to her.)

She got her cookies and treats, I couldn't resist those big dark eyes.  Audrey knew how to rest her chin just
right on your leg and look as cute as ever, to make your heart melt.

Audrey lived a happy life in a home where she was LOVED very much(and spoiled too).  Everything she was
given in life from her family was returned to us. Giving us laughter, love, comfort and loyalty.

She was one of the kind, will never be replaced and will remain in the hearts of all who loved her. Audrey we
love you girl and will never forgot you.

-Loved by the Krawczynski Family
Audrey Mae
Thank you, GABR, for finding our soul mates!


He was over three years old when we saw him on your website. Something about him drew us to him. He
was ‘cool’, but Guardian told us of his handicaps. Having the means and want to deal with his challenges,
we decided to try and make it work. From the moment we got him home, he fit right in. We made a few
adjustments to our home and lifestyle to accommodate, but it wasn’t as trying as you may think. Morgan
and his new basset sister, Bella, got along just fine and he learned to deal with finding his way around.
Likewise, we easily found all the ways to keep him safe and happy in his new home.

Life, from there, went on. We enjoy our cabin up north in the woods, and made this home his as well. He
loved it up there. He would bay all morning until we put his harness on for a walk on the trail. He would
give us a hard time if we stopped to talk to friends. He was there to WALK - ‘now let’s get going!’ In other
venues, he was quite the social butterfly. We took him on many of the rescue fund raisers (waddles) and
he would love to meet all the ‘new friends’ both animal and human. He ended up with a multitude of
nicknames such as Mr Man and Boo Boo. He was a gentle soul and could always warm your heart with
just a wag of his tail. Even his bark was soft and warm…

His handicaps, and challenges, began to catch up to him over the years. During these last few weeks
things just started going wrong. His little body had had enough. We had to make one last tough decision
for his comfort and let him move on to the bridge. There, we hope he finds the all the comfort, friends and
happiness we’ve always tried to give him. We hope he waits for us and we can all be together again in
the end.

We miss him dearly. He has left a hole in our hearts and our home…

Steve and Cathey Challis