1996-2011 Copyright Guardian Angel Basset Rescue        See Copyright & Trademark Notice.    Privacy Policy
Droopy, it was 3 years, 3 months & 3 weeks ago, on St. Pat’s day, in 2007, that you came to live
You wowed the people of town, even the police didn’t mind you walking off leash.  The gang at the
many memories, like the day you took yourself for a walk!  I miss splitting a box of macaroni & I miss
you by my side all the time, day & night.  The way you would allow me a few minutes to get settled
in bed before you would get your front end in & ask me to pick up your rump.  After an hour you
would go back to your bed for the night.  I do thank God for allowing you to live in the house you
found for us, even if it was only for a month.  You got to see it before you lost your sight, and take
together to your last breath.  As you left, I kissed your nose & gave you a final ear scrunch.  Doctor
Lou and his crew were super.  I have a plaster cast of your paw print & your ashes are in a
beautiful box.  I was going to lay you to rest under the Oak tree in back yard, but the box is too
Bridge, I’ll meet you there.  Meanwhile, I will ask God to bring  kisses to the end of your nose from

distracting him enough for my daughter and myself to escape to safety.

Lexy came to us when my sons, came to live with us, after living in TX with their father. They brought
me the most loving, beautiful ole gal anyone has ever known to be my companion. My middle son,
Cody, rescued her from an abusive home and brought her to me when she was about 5 years old.

Lexy immediately became my heart. She slept with me every night! She took long rides and loved
McDonalds Chicken McNuggets!  If a dog can be your soul mate, Lexy was mine!

When we found out she was dying and had to let the Vets do what was necessary, I petted her and
kissed her and told her she was the best dog in the world, because she was! She is buried overlooking
the family pond where she can still chase butterflies and rabbits. There isn’t a day that goes by that I
don’t think about you and miss you, ole girl! My heart will never be the same!
On May 6, 2006, a floppy eared angel entered our life.  Today we let Jay fly back to the clouds he came from.   
Jay was our third basset but our first ever rescue dog.  They told us he was a stray but I really didn’t believe it.  
Jay was a perfect gentleman from the first day we brought him home.  If he was a stray, his foster mother Robin
providing us with the best dog we ever owned.

Jay was the epitome of a basset; never in a hurry, always hungry, and the master of the “sad eye” routine.  I
always read that basset hounds were “scent” dogs, bred with short legs and long ears so that they could better
detect those rascally rabbits.  Well, I must agree that Jay was a scent hound.  However, rabbits were not on the
top of Jay’s list of animal quarry.  Just two weeks ago while mowing my lawn, I was startled by 3 baby rabbits
right by our front door.  After a little searching, I was able to find their home:  it was just 5 feet outside of our
front door and just 10 inches from the path that Jay used every time outside on his way to “water” our mail box,
again.  So much for instincts for you see, Jay’s favorite “animal” was a piece of bread and every rabbit in the
neighbor knew it.  That dog could smell a piece of bread from 2 blocks away!

The last 4 years of our lives have been filled with many changes; high school graduations, new jobs, a
relocation to Wisconsin, and a son’s wedding to name a few.  Throughout those changes there was one
constant and that was a loving dog waiting for a pat on the head every time we walked into the house.  Jay, in
2006 all you wanted was a forever home.  We gave you the building but you helped make it a home.

Forever in our hearts, good bye, Jay.

Darran, Teri, Kordereau, Dakoda, and Kolton Sellers
hound and we fell in love with him from first sight.  Woody became more than just a family pet, he was my was,
Ranch dressing.  He was a friend and a confidant and a buddy.

In December 2009 he was having some difficulty voiding when he went outside.  We thought it might be a stone
or a bladder infection so we took him into see his Doctor.  The diagnosis of Transitional Cell Carcinoma
knocked us to our knees.  Dr. Costello gave him 60 days since the tumor was covering 90% of his bladder.  
Doc put him on Piroxicam but held out very little hope.  Woody had other ideas.  He lived virtually symptom free
until the end of June when he suffered a few bad days.  Dr. Costello readjusted his meds and we sailed through
the month of July with very few symptoms.  The first week of August, Woody went into heart failure.  We were
able to get him out of it, but we knew that we were at the end of the battle.  The 19th of August began the end
of his battle as he would no longer eat.  Cindy Huff was contacted and "spoke" with Woody who shared with us
he did not want to be helped to the Bridge, but wanted to go to sleep at home and just not wake up.  We so
wanted to accommodate him, but he continued to grow weaker and I would not allow my best friend to suffer this
way.  On Wednesday morning at 8:15, we had Dr. Costello come to the house and at least fulfill his desire to go
to sleep at home surrounded by those whom he loved and those who loved him.

From Woody I have seen strength in the face of adversity.  I have seen the power of love.  May I live my life to
be worthy of the love of so great a soul.

It is not goodbye my beloved friend.  It is merely a pause until we are together again.

All our love
Tony and Sue Stepansky
Albert, Molly, Zak, Jak, Petie, Gus and Gracie
from GABR that came to us abused, scared and just in bad emotional shape.  Molly would revert to " Mother
Molly had her 15 minutes of fame.  She was the stand in for the Basset Hound in the " Saving Grace" Movie
when it debuted in Chicago.  She must have been petted and hugged by a 1000 little girls that day and she did
an awesome job as an ambassador for GABR and Basset Hounds.

Molly was generally quiet and to those who did not know her she appeared somewhat aloof at times.  However
when 2:00 P.M. rolled around each day, she made it perfectly clear that she wanted her daily hot dog and biscuit
and she wanted them now.  She would put her nose into your leg until she had ushered you into the kitchen.

Molly was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in July of 2010.  It only stood to reason that her big heart would be the
reason for her to go to the Bridge.  On an ultrasound her heart was the size of a 12" softball.  She had several
episodes in July and August but we were always able through medication and oxygen to get her back on her
feet.  September 2nd at midnight she went into an episode and we did all that we could.  We took her to see DR.
Svobda who told us that she was already decompensating and that there was nothing to be done.  We made the
only decision we could and allowed her to rejoin her best friend Woody at the Bridge.

We will always love you and miss you Miss Molly.  You were the stable element in our home.  The day will come
when we will rejoin you and Woody, but for now big girl play and roll in the sunshine.  No one has ever deserved
it more.

All our Love

Tony and Sue Stepansky
Albert, Zak, Jack, Gus, Petie, and Gracie
Jeremy, our beautiful basset boy is now at the rainbow bridge.  We miss him so.
outside.  He was so well mannered and was such a gentleman.  He would not get on any of the furniture, but
after several days of watching his basset brother Roscoe get on furniture and specifically the special basset
husband and I and then look at the basset sofa.  Look at us and then look at the sofa.  He then finally jumped up
We first met Jeremy at the 2009 Waddle and what a big beautiful boy he was, both on the inside and the on the
sofa, turned around, flopped down and then looked at us and waited.  We both got up and praised him and told
him that it was his very own couch and that we loved him.  From that day forward he loved his basset couches so
much that we often found him sleeping upside down on them.  He was our little couch potatoe.

We love him and miss him so much!  We were both so proud of him as he was getting fit and slimming down.  
When we adopted him in September, 2009 he was 80 lbs and when we took him to the vet in May, 2010 he was
down to 70 lbs and was looking and feeling good.  We were so proud!

Jeremy left us too quickly.  It just seemed that he went from a perfectly happy healthy dog one day to total lung
failure in a matter of weeks.  Between our vet and the specialty vet we knew there was lung involvement and
while we were doing testing and waiting for answers his condition was getting worse.  The day we finally were
able to get some more answers, they said it looked suspicious of cancer, was the day Jeremy went into total lung
failure and he passed over to the rainbow bridge.  

To Jeremy our son, we love you and miss you.  We tried everything to save you and we failed.  God must have
needed you with him in heaven.  Your Mommy, Daddy and Brother Roscoe misses you so much.  We’ve asked
God to prepare you your own special little couch up in heaven.  You are forever in our hearts.  We’ll see you
again at the rainbow bridge.  We love you Jeremy.

Mommy, Daddy and Roscoe
the kids loved him and he loved all of their attention. Charlie was a dog that you couldn't walk by and not say hi
make a strong recovery. We received a devastating phone call on September 27, 2010 and the vet informed us
then I remember,
it's where you used to lie, but now you are no more.

Our feet walk down a hall of carpet, and muted echoes sound.....
then I remember,
it's where your paws would joyously abound.

A voice is heard along the road, and up beyond the hill,
then I remember,
it can't be yours..... your golden voice is still.

But I'll take that vacant spot of floor and empty muted hall,
and lay them with the absent voice and unused dish along the wall.

I'll wrap these treasured memories in a blanket of my love,
and keep them for my best friend until we meet above.

~Author Unknown

Mickey Manos